Tip: The Benefits of LEDs

Today we’re going to talk about the benefits of using LEDs!

20140710-143639.jpg

LEDs (or Light Emitting Diodes) are really taking the world of lighting by storm, and it’s pretty obvious why. LEDs, because of their small size, can be used to create all kinds of new and exciting lighting fixtures with interesting shapes and sizes. They have opened up an entirely new door when it comes to lighting design.

20140710-145009.jpg

Of course this is an amazing thing, but LEDs have so much more to offer!

Long Life
One of the most fantastic things that LEDs have to offer is their light hours. LEDs can last for up to 100,000 light hours! Let me break that down; at 100,000 hours, if you leave the light on 100% of the time, it will last for 11 years! Of course (we hope) you would never leave a light on continuously like that. Let’s say that you leave it on 50% of the time, it would then last 22 years! Basically, you’ll never have to change the bulb.

Energy Efficient
A traditional bulb typically operates around 20% efficiency. This means that only 20% of the energy going into the bulb is put out as light. The remaining 80% is output mostly as heat! LEDs operate at a much better 80% efficiency!

Less Maintenance
Since LEDs have such long life spans, they require virtually no maintenance. This is especially beneficial for businesses with many more lights than a typical home. No bulbs needing changed is always a good thing.

Environmentally Friendly
LED bulbs are free of toxic chemicals unlike fluorescent and incandescents. This combined with the fact that you never need to replace them makes them a good idea for the environment. Less toxic waste to dispose of!

Overall, LEDs offer many benefits that everyone, including the Earth, can receive!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s